- This event has passed.
CEU Webinar: Decorative Surfaces – History and Development
May 25 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Decorative surfaces are a key element of interior design. Choices are made from a multitude of materials and are tied in with budgetary and availability considerations. This webinar, presented by Mercury Wood Products, will examine the background and development of 5 decorative surfaces, which fall into the purview of A and D firms, and which are predominant in both residential and commercial projects.
This webinar will enable designers and architects to make more informed choices with decorative surfaces in residential and commercial projects. The knowledge obtained will assist in decisions on budgetary, performance and sustainability questions when looking at decorative surfaces.
- Understand the background and development of HPL and TFL from a historical perspective.
- Explain the longevity of these materials and their continuing popularity.
- Understand how new surfaces have been introduced and used in tandem with these materials.
- Be aware of the performance characteristics of the materials and their function in interior settings.
- Understand the role of texture as new technology creates a new realism.
Mercury Wood Products
Kevin has extensive sales and marketing background in the woodworking industry since 1985, beginning with sales of European Hardware from 1985-2000. Since 2000, he has been working in sales and specifications with Abet Laminati, Panolam Industries and Mercury Wood Products with particular emphasis on decorative surfaces.
This webinar is presented by: