Founded in 1972, Interior Designers of Canada (IDC) is the national advocacy association for the interior design profession.
As the national advocacy body, IDC represents more than 5,000 members including fully qualified interior designers and related professionals.
In addition, we have as members over 200 manufacturers and suppliers who provide products and services for interior design projects and firms.
IDC has multiple categories for individual remembers – Full, Associate, Intern, Student, Retired and Affiliate.
For more information on membership and how to join, please click here.
IDC educators help shape the next generation of our industry. They impart students with the knowledge necessary to protect public health, safety and welfare and as a result, strengthen the profession with new graduates who are well prepared to meet evolving and increasingly complex demands.
Our industry members join IDC because they are interested in building valuable relationships, strengthening connections, and promoting their brand within the Canadian interior design community. We provide direct access to targeted markets, while offering opportunities to support the industry through exclusive events as well as marketing and communications programs.
As the national advocacy body for the interior design profession in Canada, we are committed to delivering high quality services and products that provide measurable benefits for our members at every stage of their career, as well as advocating to government and the wider business community on behalf of Canada’s talented interior design industry.
Benefits of becoming a member include;
- Online access to job opportunities through IDC’s Career Centre
- Exclusive deals and discounts on insurance rates, auto rentals, and more
- Subscription to i+D magazine (joint North American publication with ASID)
- Education seminars and webinars (CEUs)
- Access to industry research and stats for small and large businesses
- Advocacy tools to help you succeed
- Opportunities to apply for annual awards and scholarships
- Access to networking events
- Access to international trade missions
- Electronic industry news and updates
- Promotion on IDC’s social media channels
As an organization, IDC is committed to ensuring that its board represents the interior design industry with respect to varying experience and cultural, age and gender make-up that is representational of the membership and fibre of the Canadian population.
IDC’s Board is comprised of elected members from across Canada who have an impact on the challenges affecting the interior design community.
Board of Management 2019/2020
IDC FOUNDING MEMBERS
Jack Bell (ON)
Doris Hasell (SK)
David Treusch (MB)
Tomislav Cerkvenac (AB)
Michele McLoughlin Guest (BC)
André Dubois (QC)
Maryla Szymanski (NS)