BYU Design Bursary
Created in 2014 by IDC and Bob’s Your Uncle (BYU) Design, owned by IDC past-president and Registered interior designers Ada Bonini and Cheryl Broadhead, the BYU Design Bursary is awarded annually to one or more emerging professionals who, for reasons of financial hardship, are unable to join their provincial interior design association as an Intern/Provisional member.
Applicants must complete an application form and answer questions about the importance of professional membership. Applications are open in November and recipients are notified in January. Please see the application form for full entry guidelines.
Applications for the BYU Design Bursary are now closed.
- There may be one or more recipients of the Bursary each year, in the approximate amount of $500
- The Bursary will be paid directly to the provincial association on behalf of the member upon approval of the membership application
- The BYU Bursary is non-transferrable and must be used within the academic year awarded
- All Bursary decisions are final
- If the applicant has recently graduated, he or she must submit the application within one calendar year of the date of graduation
- If the applicant is an Intern member with his or her provincial association, he or she must be in the first two years of their membership
- The applicant must not have access to payment of membership dues from any other source (e.g. employer)
- Individuals from the bursary-granting firm are not eligible to apply
Looking for more details? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please donate to the BYU Design Bursary.
Your donation of $20 or more will receive a tax receipt.