Not everything you can learn about interior design comes from inside a classroom, textbook, project or test. If you want to get an insider look at the industry, learn about the top movers and shakers, start building your list of contacts, access job search tips and career postings and network with leaders in the industry - you have come to the right place.
Our student members are the future
of interior design in Canada.
It is the talent and passion of our student members that will propel our industry forward and earn our profession the recognition it deserves on a provincial, national and international scale. IDC wants to ensure that you are on the right path towards a successful career as a Registered interior designer.
As a student, you are currently enrolled in an interior design program recognized by one of nine provincial associations.
Attention, students! The standards are changing for membership.
The changes will be phased in over the next few years in order to bring Canada in line with North American industry standards.
- Access to top job postings so you can land the gig you’ve been looking for
- See our job search tips to keep your approach fresh
- Get salary expectations through our surveys so you know what’s fair
- Invitations to tons of events like portfolio reviews, fancy networking events and trade shows where you can get your hands on the latest products and trends
- Contests where you can show off your talents and win prizes!
- Discounts on cool stuff like concert tickets, gym memberships and e-books!
- Monthly news that gives you the inside edge and put you at the head of the pack
- Best of all – demonstrate cred to future employers and potential clients
To begin the membership process, please click on your corresponding provincial association to talk to a membership administrator. They will be happy to guide you through the process of becoming a member.