An Interior Designer's Scope of Work
Interior designers are skilled at providing a full scope of services which may vary with each project but generally include:
• Analyzing the client's needs and goals
• Integrating findings with knowledge of interior design, economic trends as well as legal and regulatory requirements
• Formulating design concepts that are functional, fiscally appropriate and aesthetically pleasing
• Overseeing the interior design process including project budgeting and schedules
• Preparing working drawings and specifications for interior construction, space planning, materials, finishes, furnishings, fixtures and equipment
• Collaborating with other practitioners who offer professional services in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical and structural design, as required for regulatory approvals (building permits)
• Reviewing and evaluating construction during implementation and coordinating the completion of the project with a consultant team.
On some projects, an Interior Designer may also:
• Act as Project Manager on behalf of the client to manage the project teams through all phases of the project.
• Develop and implement a branding and communications strategy in relation to the project.
• Undertake feasibility studies on potential facilities and coordinate with real estate professionals.